Save the Date: Oregon Walk + Bike Retreat, June 21-23
Are you an educator, parent, student, volunteer, city planner, law enforcement officer and/or walking and biking to school enthusiast? Save the date for the Walk+Bike* to School Retreat, June 21-23! Registration for the Retreat will open in January of 2012.
What: Oregon’s Walk+Bike to School Retreat
When: June 21-23, 2012
Where: Bend, Oregon
Some trainings will include (but may not be limited to):
- Pedestrian and Bike Safety Curricula trainings
- Bike-focused encouragement trainings (Kidical mass, bike train)
- Ped-focused encouragement (stop and walk, walking school bus)
- Bike -and pedestrian-focused encouragement (Walk+Bike day and month)
- Advocating for your program and creating campaigns
Other goals of the retreat include:
- Info sharing/networking/best practices sharing/resource mapping
- Growing and encouraging the Walk+Bike Network.
- Annual meeting: Setting goals and standards for Oregon regarding encouraging and educating students.
There will be more details in the months to come. The cost will be free or minimal (food and lodging not included).
Anyone who is excited to shape the future of Oregon’s youth in regards to active transportation is encouraged to attend. Please forward this message on.
Please contact LeeAnne (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to our emailing list and to be notified when registration is open.
* The Walk+Bike Committee meets on the first Monday of every month (9am-11am) via phone conference. If you would like more information, just ask!